Have you seen any of the books in the action-adventure, sci-fi book series Tony Hawk’s 900 Revolution,
Capstone held a student writing contest inviting students to create a unique and inspiring character to be the next member of the Revolution team, a group of teens on a quest to find the remaining pieces of Tony Hawk’s shattered skateboard. This week they announced the finalists and are encouraging students to vote for their favorite. Voting runs through May 4, 2012, with the winner revealed May 11.
The finalists are:
• Allison Wehrman, a 4th grader at Parkview Center School, Roseville, Minn.
• Autumn Bray, a 7th grader at Meisler Middle School, Metairie, La.
• Ayman Slamani, a 6th grader at Springfield Estates Elementary School, Alexandria, Va.
• Elijah E. Foster, a 4th grader at Tri-City Elementary School in Springfield, Ill.
• Lauren Johnson, a 5th grader at Rowland Elementary School in Victoria, Texas
The top five finalists will receive a Tony Hawk autographed copy of Impulse: Volume Two.The winning character will appear as part of the Revolution in a Tony Hawk’s 900 Revolution book available August 2013. The winner will also receive a trip to Tony Hawk’s Stand Up for Skateparks 2012 event in Beverly Hills and a VIP pass to meet Tony Hawk in person.
The five finalists were selected from entries nationwide featuring dozens of different sports. Descriptions of the finalists’ characters, as well as professionally-illustrated renderings of the characters are available at www.TonyHawkReadingRevolution.com.
What a great way to motivate those reluctant readers (and writers) out there!
(Based on a News Release by Jennifer Glidden, Capstone PR Manager)